Here at Searching Sophia’s Pockets we are all about journeys, especially global spiritual journeys that lead us towards wisdom and love. Here are 14 ways we have come up with to start new journeys in 2014. Enjoy and then tell us all about it!
- Try making new art projects… you can use paint like Yvonne, pencils, watercolors, clay or whatever inspires you.
- Write spiritual poetry like Brittany’s poem about the end of DOMA, or Seanna’s poem about loss and nature.
- Meditate on one theme all year see where it takes you
- Save 10$ a month toward a trip or pilgrimage
- Photograph things that are holy to you (Then submit them!)
- Start a mini-habit, like one push-up, or one page of reading a day
- Work your way through a spiritual text in a different language
- Take walks in neighborhoods that other than your own and pray for them
- Reuse all paper products at least once
- Take a different form of transportation one day a week
- Try out new prayers at your usual prayer time, like our prayers for last breaths, success and travel.
- Ask to join a friend in their type of worship and go with an open mind
- Ask a friend to join you in your type of worship and enjoy the wisdom they bring
- Tutor someone for free and see what you learn from them
These are just 14 ideas from us here at Searching Sophia’s Pockets…Leave your ideas for new journeys in 2014 below!