So far this month we have talked about accepting our choices, accepting differences, but we haven’t delved too deeply into the realm of self-acceptance. Loving and accepting ourselves may be one of the hardest aspects of acceptance, but self-acceptance is far from impossible. Here are five ways to begin your journey to self-acceptance. We hope they bring you lots of wisdom and love.
- Be a bumble bee…which is to say watch Harry Baker performing spoken word about self-acceptance at a Ted Talk.
- Take a course on self-acceptance. Everyday Feminism has a great one focusing on self-love (with reduced rates for folks with lower incomes), and Oprah offers a free ten day path towards self-acceptance.
- Explore your own unique type of courage with this quiz from Greenpeace.
- Stop comparing yourself to others and just breathe. Read about the ways that yoga to help with that in this article from Yoga Journal or this one from Rebelle Society.
- Try praying, meditating or writing about the best aspects of yourself. Enjoy them, revel in then, and share them!
Have other ideas about starting the journey to self-acceptance? Share them with us in a post, or below in the comments!